I Just Have to Share...

abcaines

Staff member
Doctor
Elect
Reaction score
A good friend, Beth, has been coming to our church for a few months now. Mrs. abcaines grew up with her and is usually calling her to invite her to come to church. I knew this friend during  my high school days and the summer following graduation, this friend and I often hung out with the same people (the future Mrs. abcaines excluded) and we'd "party" with some pretty unsavory folks.

That was over 40 years ago. Today, while we were in church, Mrs. abcaines and I had the privilege of praying over Beth's husband who is dying of cancer. What a blessing to minister to them! Later after service, I looked at Beth and referring to the summer of '82, I asked, "Could you have imagined we'd be hanging out like this at church?" She said, "Back then, I'd have told you you were crazy if you'd said we'd be doing something like this!"

Do pray for Beth and Sam. Sam's cancer is terminal but their attitude is stellar. They are holding on to the Lord and Mrs. abcaines has been a major encouragement to them.

Last edited: